[Charlotte.PM] March Perl Mongers Meeting - Thursday, March 17th at 7pm

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Sun Mar 13 09:29:17 PST 2005

Charlotte Perl Mongers

A recent thread on the CharLUG mailing list lamented the lack of Perl
discussions taking place in the community. I concur with the poster and
challenge everyone signed up to the mailing list to post an interesting
story, a clever piece of code or even a list of their favorite modules
in the upcoming month. Let's get the discussion rolling!

At our meeting this month, we'll be looking at the incredible world of
RSS. News aggregators have become an important piece of software for
many people in order to manage the influx of information coming from
their favorite websites. I'll be showing off some of these tools as well
as demonstrating how I generated the shiny, new RSS event feed that's
available on our website[1]. We'll also take a look at the tools
available in Perl for parsing RSS which opens up many new possiblities
for managing these growing information resources.

      See you at the meeting,
      William McKee

[1] http://charlotte.pm.org/CharPM.rdf

  Meeting Topic: Generating & Parsing RSS feeds with Perl

  Meeting Date and Times:

    >> Thursday, March 17th

    * General Meeting - 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM

    * Discussion/Networking - 8:30 PM til

  Meeting Location: Jackson's Java, University Blvd. near UNCC
       see the link at http://charlotte.pm.org for a map

  Next Meeting: Thursday, April 21st ~ Field trip to CharJUG to hear
   Andrew Hunt of The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC
    (meet at Jackson's Java at 6:00pm to carpool or see
    http://www.cornetdesign.com/charjug/ for directions)

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com