[Charlotte.PM] June Perl Mongers Meeting - Thursday, June 16th at 7:00pm

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Jun 13 19:18:59 PDT 2005

Greetings Charlotte Perl Mongers,

Choosing a template system for your Perl projects can be a challenge. In the
Perl tradition, there's more than one way to do it. Whether you are using a
homegrown solution or have chosen a favorite from amongst the hoards on CPAN,
each solution has its pros and cons.

Come out to the meeting this month to see how some of the competitors stack up.
We'll be reviewing some of the following solutions:

  Petal
  HTML::Template
  Template Toolkit
  Text::Bind
  Text::Template

Next month, we'll hear Dale Lancaster of Choicepoint present the
solution his team uses to perform software configuration management on a
constantly changing website with multiple servers using a single code
base and making multiple feature releases per week.

        See you at the meeting,
        William McKee

  What: June Perl Mongers Meeting

  When: Thursday June 16th, 7:00 pm

  Where: Suite 200, 14120 Ballantyne Corporate Place

For more information, contact William McKee at william at knowmad.com or by
phone at (704) 343-9330. You can also visit our web site at
http://charlotte.pm.org.

Directions to meeting:
14120 Ballantyne Corporate Place
Suite 200
Charlotte NC

485 to Johnson Road
Johnson Road to first stop light (John J Delaney Dr)
Right on Delaney, go 1 block then right onto Brixham Hill Dr.
Go to dead-end, make a left onto Ballantyne Corporate Place
Once on Ballantyne Corporate Place, go to the second building on the right
(you pass a little pond on your right which is just before the building you
need to go into.
The parking lot is in the back of the building, you will have to go past the
building, make a right and then a right again
Elevator to the second floor, right off the elevator into Suite 200.
It is possible the outside doors could be locked after 7.  So if someone shows
up a little late, they will need to call 704-953-4470 so we can go down and let
them in.

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com