[Charlotte.PM] February Perl Mongers Meeting - Thursday, Feb 17th at 7pm

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Tue Feb 15 10:53:38 PST 2005

Charlotte Perl Mongers

At our last time meeting, the group began a list of steps for performing
code reviews. These will eventually be put onto the website once I get
access to the new system and can get the wiki working again. Also, I've
learned about a review program with Apress[1] and am getting us
registered for free stuff.

At the next meeting, we're going to borrow a page from OSCON and host
lightning talks[2]. These are quick, informal discussions let you show
the group what you've been doing with Perl or any other cool
technologies.

Right now, we have two talks on tap:

    Manipulating the Windows scheduler with Perl by Ian T
    Generating PDF's from a template by William M

If you have something to talk about, let us know.

As usual, we're still pleading for alternate meeting locations which can
provide free parking, proximity to the University area and meeting space
with a projector or large monitor.

Finally, after a few delays, the Perl mongers websites were moved to a
new host. I've recently requested access to the site in order to update
it.

      See you at the meeting,
      William McKee

[1] http://www.apress.com/
[2] http://perl.plover.com/lt/lightning-talks.html

  Meeting Topic: Lightning Talks

  Meeting Date and Times:

    >> Thursday, February 17th

    * General Meeting - 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM

    * Discussion/Networking - 8:30 PM til

  Next Meeting: Thursday, March 17th ~ Topic to be announced

  Meeting Location: Jackson's Java, University Blvd. near UNCC
       see the link at http://charlotte.pm.org for a map

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com