[Charlotte.PM] August Perl Mongers Meeting

Diona Kidd diona at studio12a.com
Thu Aug 18 19:21:52 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I thought I'd send a quick recap for everyone, including those who
couldn't make it tonight.

We had a great meeting tonight learning more about Dale's experiences
with using CVS to manage multiple servers. Dale, would you mind adding
your presentation to the Wiki at http://charlotte.pm.org/kwiki/ ? You'll
see a new area in the lower portion of the page for presentations.

Our next tentative meetings are:

Sept. - Testing frameworks, including Apache::Test
Oct. - 'Persistance and Caching in a shared environment' with Business
Journals (unconfirmed)
Nov. - CDBI

If anyone else has any interests, please feel free to submit them to the
wiki.

We had a few 4 new people tonight. Unfortunately, I didn't get to chat
with everyone. Matthew Lefevre and Jim Herring both joined us tonight.
Matthew publishes http://www.matthewlefevre.com, listing technology
employment resources in our area.

If anyone is interested in assisting in styling the wiki, it would be
considered a great act of benevolence! Styling the wiki is 'on the list'
but may take a while for some of us to get to.

We're looking for alternative meeting areas so we'll always have a place
to meet. Places under consideration are CompUSA and CPCC. RedF has been
kind enough to allow us to use their conference room which is a great
meeting space, btw! Alternative spaces will allow us to not impose too
much on the kindness of RedF.

Also, I'd like to suggest a social meeting sometime soon. Somewhere that
would include casual conversation (and perhaps a little beer ;). What do
you guys think?

All the best,

Diona