[Charlotte.PM] August Perl Mongers Meeting - Thursday, August 18th at 7:00pm

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Sun Aug 14 19:13:34 PDT 2005

Charlotte Perl Mongers,

After a brief summer hiatus, it's time to resume our meetings. This
month Dale Lancaster of Red-F will present his team's method for
Software Configuration Management (SCM) within a Rapid Application
Development (RAD) or Extreme Development environment using LAMP
technologies.  They have a dynamic environment which include multiple
Perl developmers, multiple production websites, a common code base and a
constant stream of new and changing requirements.

Several local mongers attended YAPC 2005 in Toronto at the end of June.
Hopefully, we'll have time to get a report from them. As one of the
attendees, I can definitely say it was a most excellent conference.

Our meeting will be held again in south Charlotte at Red-F. See end of
message for directions. Please note the phone numbers. You will need to
call if you are running late so that you can be let into the building.

Finally, the website has been updated with a tarball of the templates
and code used in the last Template Challenge meeting. If you are
considering a templating engine, be sure to check out this set of
examples for ideas.

          See you at the meeting,
                  William McKee

What: August Perl Mongers Meeting

When: Thursday August 18th, 7:00 pm

Where: Red-F
       Suite 200, 14120 Ballantyne Corporate Place

For more information, contact William McKee at william at knowmad.com or by
phone at (704) 343-9330. You can also visit our web site at
http://charlotte.pm.org.

Directions to meeting:
485 to Johnson Road Johnson Road to first stop light (John J Delaney Dr)
Right on Delaney, go 1 block then right onto Brixham Hill Dr.  Go to
dead-end, make a left onto Ballantyne Corporate Place Once on Ballantyne
Corporate Place, go to the second building on the right (you pass a
little pond on your right which is just before the building you need to
go into.

The parking lot is in the back of the building, you will have to go past
the building, make a right and then a right again Elevator to the second
floor, right off the elevator into Suite 200.  It is possible the
outside doors could be locked after 7.  So if someone shows up a little
late, they will need to call 704-953-4470 so we can go down and let them
in.