[Charlotte.PM] Meeting - Thursday, Sept 16th

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Sep 13 22:30:19 CDT 2004

Charlotte Perl Mongers

  My apologies for this belated meeting notice. We've had some difficulties in
  securing information about parking and meeting location. The summary is that
  there is no free parking on campus during weekdays until after 9:30pm.
  Furthermore, due to changes in university policy, we will not be able to meet
  in the library.

  Given the lateness and the fact that a projector (and hopefully internet
  access) will be available, my plans are to hold the meeting at UNCC. Once
  again, we'll be in the Cone Center. This time in room 265; look for signs or
  ask at the information desk if you have troubles finding the room. Send a
  message to the list if you have other locations in mind.

  Gami has suggested some alternate parking across the street for those who
  would like to save the $5 parking fee. Hopefully, he'll be able to send more
  information to the mailing list.

  Speaking of alternates, I plan to take a few minutes at the beginning of the
  meeting to review optional meeting sites. I think the university area is a
  good central location for our group. If you know any businesses that would be
  willing to host our meeting, please bring your ideas to the meeting or send
  them to the list.

  So, I had the opportunity to learn more about wikis while setting up the wiki
  for the website. Come see what the rage is all about and how to install and
  use a wiki.

        See you offline,
        William McKee

  Meeting Topic: Wikis & Kwikis presented by William McKee

  Meeting Date and Times:

    > Thursday, September 16th

    * Learning Perl - 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM (Introduction to Perl Variables)

    * General Meeting - 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM

    * Discussion/Networking - 8:30 PM to 9:00 PM

  Meeting Location: UNC-Charlotte Cone Center, room 265
       (look for signs or ask for directions at information desk)
                    http://cone.uncc.edu/

  Map to UNCC: http://search.uncc.edu/maps/?p=directions
               Includes driving directions

--