[Charlotte.PM] Call for Help

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Wed Oct 13 21:49:09 CDT 2004

Fellow Mongers,

To make the Charlotte Perl Mongers group useful and relevant, I am
calling upon you to lend a hand. There are several areas where you can
get involved:

* Suggest ideas for presentation topics (what do you want to learn?)
* Be a presenter (a good opportunity to share and get feedback from
  others)
* Help prepare agendas for upcoming meetings and events
* Help maintain and improve the website
* Suggest/provide a meeting location with projector - if you know a
  business in the University area that has a conference room with a
  projector (and free parking), please let me know

Finally, if you have or can beg/borrow/steal a projector or large
monitor for use at Jackson's next week, I'm sure everyone would be much
obliged--my laptop screen is less than optimal for presentations to more
than 3 people.

BTW, just because this is Charlotte PM doesn't mean that we can't
discuss other languages. I would for one would relish the opportunity to
have presenters or trainers for other dynamic languages[1], such as
Python, Ruby, TCL or even PHP. I see no reason this group could not
become a meeting place for dynamic language programmers.

Thanks for your support,
William

[1] See "Dynamic Languages-ready for the next challenges, by design."
whitepaper by ActiveState CTO, David Ascher
(http://www.activestate.com/Company/NewsRoom/whitepapers_ADL.plex)

--
Knowmad Services Inc.
http://www.knowmad.com