[Charlotte.PM] Ref Link to " new naming standard and data access protocol "

Bill Booker wrbooker at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 20 13:20:22 CDT 2004

Charlotte Perl Mongers

            1. Article I referred to last night about standardization on
database information. Here is the article link. This is of special
importance to those involved with Bioinformatics.

            2. Also, I found a parking invoice for $5.00 under my car's
wiper. So, even if the gate is up they will charge. For us to meet on campus
for non-UNCC members, can someone find a FREE parking location. For me the
90 minute round trip drive is enough expense. At NCSU, all campus parting is
free after 5:00 pm, and one can park in Downtown Charlotte near the
convention center for $5.00 for the whole day!

            3. To help William and ourselves, I would like to suggest that a
topics list be established to allow us to agree upon, and thus set content
segments for future meetings that will be meaningful and would allow each
member to share the owner ship in the quality, interest and value found in
the Charlotte - Perl Mongers User's Group. This is a ball tossed up, who
wants to hit it. Who agrees? Do we as a group agree? Do we want to do it?
How to manage, run and get a schedule started?

            Sub-by: Bill Booker e-mail: wrbooker at bellsouth.net