[Central-coast-pm] Submit your OSDC talk proposals.

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Thu Jun 17 04:37:27 CDT 2004

G'day folks,

If you're intending to talk at OSDC later this year; now is a really good
time to submit your talk proposal.  Don't leave it to the last minute!  It
should only take you about 10 minutes to write your proposal, although
you're welcome to go into great detail and take longer if you really want.

Information on what we want in a talk proposal can be found at:
	http://www.osdc.com.au/papers/call_for_papers.html

Currently we have the following tallies:
	Perl	- 5 speakers, 285 minutes, 8 talks.
	Python	- 5 speakers, 202 minutes, 6 talks.
	Php	- 1 speaker,  155 minues, 4 talks
        Other   - 3 speakers, 135 minutes, 3 talks.

This gives us 777 minutes out of our desired 1890 minutes of presentations
(not including keynotes).  So we're slightly less than half way there.

If you don't think you have anything very interesting to say please think
again.  Has an open source product saved your business?  Have you used a
Perl module in a way it wasn't meant to be used and achieved wonders?  Do
you have a favourite module that noone else seems to have heard about?  Do
you have a favourite module that everyone seems to have heard about yet
noone seems to use?  Have you used/Do you use any of the B:: modules in an
interesting way?

If not Perl, how about Php or Python, or some other open source
tool or technology?  We've even got a talk proposal on AI maze solving.
Think hard then submit a proposal or three and we'll have a fantastic
conference.

All the very best, and looking forward to getting your proposals,

	Jacinta Richardson

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |