[Cedarvalley] Checking for a module before loading.

Aaron Thompson thompson at cns.uni.edu
Thu Feb 5 15:01:02 CST 2004

Hello,

  I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to check for a
  perl module before loading it.

  Something like:
    use Net::SMTP if (is_module(Net::SMTP));

  I would like to write some code that will check if modules are
  present and then load them.

  Thanks.

  @

--
Aaron Thompson   Unix Systems Administrator, College of Natural Science
http://www.cns.uni.edu/~thompson/           University of Northern Iowa

"A computer terminal is not some clunky old television with a typewriter in
front of it. It is an interface where the mind and body can connect with the
universe and move bits of it about." -Douglas Adams