[Cedarvalley] storing a hash in a list...

Aaron Thompson thompson at cns.uni.edu
Thu Nov 13 23:42:16 CST 2003

I am building a hash as I loop thru some data.. and would like to
store that hash in another list for later use. I'm having trouble
getting the hash to store properly. Any one know how to return a
reference to a copy of a hash?

I started with:
  @list = \%hashed_data

but found that I got lots of references to the same data
I tried:

  @list = \%{%hashed_data}

This had the sam results.

Thanks,

  @

--
Aaron Thompson   Unix Systems Administrator, College of Natural Science
University of Northern Iowa                      Cedar Falls, IA  50614

"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."
                                                        -Douglas Adams