[Canberra-pm] Perl Integration Testing

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon May 30 20:09:58 PDT 2011

Does anyone have some references or suggestions on performing integration tests of complex web applications?

I have been trying to rest a web app which needs to communicate with external services (presented through SOAP, telnet, etc), so along the way I have set up standalone applications to act as dummies (eg: CGI under Apache to emulate SOAP).

I already use Test::More, T::MockObject, T::Cmd and friends to unit test libraries and test simple command line tools. Now I need the command line tools to connect to network services (and verify that exactly these interactions occurred), and I want to run a HTTP service serving my Mason pages to these tools.

I'd love to hear how other people have achieved a portable integration test system!

Alex Satrapa | web.mac.com/alexsatrapa | Ph: 0407 705 332