[Canberra-pm] Submit your talk to the Open Programming Languages Mini-conf, LCA2010

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Sun Oct 18 03:36:52 PDT 2009

G'day folk,

If you're not intending to go to LCA in Wellington next year, please ignore this
message.

So far there has been only one Perl proposal to the Open Programming Languages
Mini-conf.  There have been many PHP talks submitted however.  I know that Paul
and I clearly need to get our acts  into gear, but perhaps you'd like to submit
something too!

Our CFP can be found here: http://blogs.tucs.org.au/oplm/cfp/ and we've extended
the deadline until this Friday 23rd October.

Please submit.

If you want help putting together a proposal, send it through to this list and
we can talk ideas, wording etc.  Ideas I'd be very happy to see:

* A tour of CPAN (my [your] favourite 10 modules)
* Your Perl build chain to make it easy to install your application
* An introduction to [your favourite module]
* How to create [something cool] in [some small number] lines of Perl.  (for
example 2-d barcodes)
* How Perl made [hard problem] easy.

Please submit more Perl talks!

All the best,