[Canberra-pm] Canberra-pm Digest, Vol 38, Issue 5

Michael Potter megamic at gmail.com
Fri May 9 19:27:39 PDT 2008

All the Canberra PMs...

Given the interest at last meet, I believe the Canberra PM group has good
prospects to continue meeting up and what-not. I would be happy to
contribute to the mailing list if there is no-one currently maintaining it
(not sure what this involves though...).

I think Paul's idea of a project would be a great idea to get this started,
and would provide an ongoing focus for further meetings.

Before we start booking conference halls however, It would be good to get a
count of people who are serious about getting involved (either in a regular
PM meet, a project or both).

If anyone has any bright ideas of an interesting project they would like to
see happen, speak up. I think something that is based on the web (or at
least has a web front-end) would be great, as the little experience I have
had with Perl and the web (CGI::Ajax, SOAP::Lite) has been really fun,
doesn't involve anything too hardcore or obscure, and can involve people of
all skill levels. In particular, using JSON to pass complex data structures
back-and-forward between Perl and Javascript is the bomb!

I would also like to hear some ideas on the format for any PM meet up....do
we organize training sessions, talks, workshops, or just ad-lib it on the
night? So if you have some particular area of interest or a topic you want
to discuss, speak up!

Hope to hear from you all..
Cheers
Michael