[Canberra-pm] Meeting Thursday 8th May

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Mon May 5 23:02:06 PDT 2008

G'day folk,

Paul Fenwick would love to catch up with all you Perl Mongers in Canberra on
Thursday night.  Paul Wayper who runs the CLUG Programmers' Special Interest
Group Meeting has kindly arranged facilities for the talk.

At this stage I can't tell you what Paul will be talking on, but there's a very
good chance that there'll be a Perlish talk on something to be announced
followed by:

An Illustrated History of Software Failure
Paul Fenwick - Paul Training Australia

The average individual is given little scope for failure, at least not the type
that really matters. However in recent times we have developed a profession who
have the opportunity to fail like never before. The few, the proud, the Software
Developers. Join us for a voyage of discovery, as we travel back through history
to some of the most monumental failures the world has ever seen.

Paul Fenwick is the managing director of Perl Training Australia, and is an
experienced speaker at technical conferences worldwide. His interests include
security, mycology, cycling, coffee, scuba diving, and lexically scoped user
pragmata.

The SIG details are below, but I'm not sure whether the location is correct.
Paul Wayper to advise.

	CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group Meeting - 8th May 2008