[Canberra-pm] Perl programmer availability

Michael Potter megamic at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 15:02:30 PDT 2008

Hi Paul

I am the organizer of the (small) Canberra PM group, and I would be more
than happy to assist in organizing any kind of event to bring some Perl
programmers together for you to meet.

Jacinta posted some excellent suggestions (thanks J!), and I suggest you use
those as a starting point - I know many Canberra PM members have only
expressed interest in attending meets for Speakers or special events.

While you rarely see Perl positions advertised in Canberra, I think it is
far more widely used than most people assume- it may well be the standard
putty used to fill cracks and holes in large government enterprise systems.
I work in Data Warehousing for a big government agency - and we use Perl
heavily to solve a range of problems that aren't covered by standard
corporate tools. It really is our "Swiss-Army chainsaw"!

Cheers
MP