[Canberra-pm] Canberra-pm Digest, Vol 45, Issue 4

Peter Lavender plaven at bigpond.net.au
Wed Dec 10 02:04:58 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 12:08 -0800, Michael Potter wrote:

>         Man alive!!!
>
>         I need to pay more attention to the mailing list!!
>
>         I spent the day doing Catalyst tutorials... plenty of goodness
>         in that
>         framework...
>
>         Did you guys end up sorting this out....
>

> Yes, a meet-up had been booked for tonight, meet at Gus' Cafe (near
> civic center square) 630 (or thereabouts). Hope you can make it, and
> if you do Ill be nominating you to talk to us a little about Catalyst
> (one Perl framework I personally know little about!).

Drat... missed it again... I couldn't have made it anyway, as I have the
kids this week...

Anyway I'm not sure I have a lot to talk about other than what I did
through the tutorials yesterday...

Given that though, I've done enough with doing Web and DB stuff to know
how tedious it can all be, and I was amazed at the way you move from
spending days doing the same thing to actually something useful in a
very short time ( obviously the point of the framework )....

Anyway, I'm going to find time to work on a little project in mind using
Catalyst, which is a big thing given that I have for way too long
procrastinated over RoR, django or mono and C#...

Hope it was a good night... I'll hopefully make it to a few meetings in
the new year.

Pete.