[Canberra-pm] Still podding around

Paul Matthews plm at netspace.net.au
Wed Aug 6 02:37:42 PDT 2008

Stephen Steneker wrote:
>> If my reading of Pod::Usage is correct, this should work. If called
>> with ./podme --manual it print the manual out as expected. If called
>> with ./podme --help it does nothing. If called with ./podme --foo
>> then at work it does nothing, at home it produces the correct result.
>> Clue required please.
> You're missing essential details like O/S and versions of
> perl / Getopt::Long / Pod::Usage.  That should help explain
> the difference in your work and home environments so you
> can find the culprit.  Your reading of expected behaviour
> otherwise appears correct.
>
> Cheers,
> Stephen

I was expecting ./podme --help to produce *the "SYNOPSIS" section, along
with any section entitled "OPTIONS", "ARGUMENTS", or "OPTIONS AND
ARGUMENTS"*, as per the Pod::Usage manual page. Instead it produces nothing

plm at thunk:~/work/prj/bin> ./podme --help
plm at thunk:~/work/prj/bin>

OS at home is OpenSuSE 10.3, perl is 5.8.8, Pod::Usage is 1.33.
Don't have the details of what is at work.

--
Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it.
Some can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.