[Canberra-pm] Still podding around

Stephen Steneker stephen at sydney.pm.org
Wed Aug 6 01:50:55 PDT 2008

> If my reading of Pod::Usage is correct, this should work. If called
> with ./podme --manual it print the manual out as expected. If called
> with ./podme --help it does nothing. If called with ./podme --foo
> then at work it does nothing, at home it produces the correct
> result. Clue required please.

Hi Paul,

You're missing essential details like O/S and versions of
perl / Getopt::Long / Pod::Usage.  That should help explain
the difference in your work and home environments so you
can find the culprit.  Your reading of expected behaviour
otherwise appears correct.

fwiw, if you want a handy way to check module versions
and where they are being loaded from in the path
I'd recommend installing:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Module-Which/

Installs a handy command line util so you can do:
   which_pm Getopt::Long Module::Which

This also reports duplicate modules in your perllib
path and supports some basic name matching eg:
   which_pm Getopt::*

Cheers,
Stephen