[Canberra-pm] perl bug ticket system

Michael Potter megamic at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 02:36:21 PDT 2008

All the mongers out there...

A colleague at work recently told me about a bug tracking/ticketing tool
called 'Trac' that he had been using for some time. Beyond simple bug
tracking, he claimed it also provided a nice, integrated interface to
Subversion (which sounded cool), so that a Subversion check-in could
simultaneously resolve an open Ticket.

Intrigued, and a little excited, I did a bit of research...and naturally had
an adverse reaction to learn that it was written in Python, which obviously
meant Python had to be installed, and any extensions had to be written in
Python etc (of course it isn't limited in any way in the files it is
tracking bugs in!).

Nonetheless I thought I would be a responsible member of the Perl community
and at least *ask* if there is a similar or equivalent product out there
written in Perl (or at least Perl friendly). If it talks to Subversion all
the better!

Cheers
MP

PS: I'm really *not* a PyHater ... but its like buying Australian made ... I
would rather support the Perl development community by using/contributing to
tools written in Perl.