[Canberra-pm] configuring ISO 8601 date output using Template module

Alex Satrapa grail at goldweb.com.au
Mon Feb 5 19:10:49 PST 2007

On 06/02/2007, at 13:07 , <John.Hockaday at ga.gov.au> wrote:

> The trouble is that the LASTUPDATE date (Oracle RDBMS) is in the form
> DD-MON-YYYY  whereas I want ISO 8601 format like YYYY-MM-DD.

By the time you get it, you've got a string like '12-Mar-2004', is
that right?

My suggestion would be to find out how to get the data from Oracle in
the form that you want - if this is under your control, all well and
good :) I don't know Oracle (despite being trained on in about 15
years ago), but under PostgreSQL you'd do this:

select to_char(lastupdate, 'YYYY-MM-DD'), ... from ...

HTH
alex