[Canberra-pm] Most efficient way to find the ISO 8602 date of a the most recently modifiec file in a directory

Michael James Michael.James at csiro.au
Wed May 3 19:01:53 PDT 2006

On Thu, 4 May 2006 11:41 am, John.Hockaday at ga.gov.au wrote:

> I am trying to find the date
> of the most recently modified file in a directory.
> I thought that someone should have done this already.
> I have been looking into:
>
> Date::Calc(Time_to_Date)
> File::stat
> localtime

> The output should be in ISO 8601 format.
> IE, 2006-05-04T11:21:20

There is a good section on this in the perl Cookbook,
 recipe 3.9 page 101.

You Do have the Perl Cookbook don't you?
The only question is whether you need a second copy,
 it's a heavy book to carry around ...

Seriously though, If you can't lay your hands on one quickly,
 I'll relay some of the goodness therein.

Michael James                         michael.james at csiro.au
System Administrator                    voice:  02 6246 5040
CSIRO Bioinformatics Facility             fax:  02 6246 5166

You Do have the Perl Cookbook don't you?
The only question is whether you need a second copy,
 it's a heavy book to carry home...