[Canberra-pm] Don't chop Canberra.pm

Paul Fenwick pjf at perltraining.com.au
Mon Jan 30 01:41:17 PST 2006

G'day Dave,

Dave Cross wrote:
> Is Canberra.pm still going? And do we have the correct contact details
> at http://www.pm.org/groups/537.html?

I believe that Jeremy is still the nominal leader of the group, but I haven't
seen him since the last SAGE-AU conference (September last year), and I know
that he didn't make it to the last Canberra.PM get-together (November), and
didn't respond to the census.  We may have to assume Jeremy is AWOL.

Andrew Pollock, who has also been helping with the organisation, has flown
overseas to work for a new job.

> If the details are incorrect then can someone please contact me to
> correct them.

I can do the work to find a new leader, and even act as temporary steward if
required.  Of course, if Jeremy is around then I'm sure he'll make himself known.

> No-one from Canberra.pm responded to the 2005 Perl Mongers Census. This
> means that we are about to declare your group as inactive and remove the
> web site, mailing list and DNS. But I don't think that you are inactive
> - there are recent entries in your mailing list archive.

Canberra.PM is definitely active, and has fantastic members and meetings, even
if the mailing list can be a little subdued.

I also know that Canberra is practically overflowing with Perl programmers, even
if they're not yet Canberra.PM members.

All the best,

	Paul

--