[Canberra-pm] Is Canberra PM missing?

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Tue Jan 17 16:59:46 PST 2006

G'day folk,

In the 2005 Perl Monger census, Canberra PM is listed as missing!
http://www.pm.org/census/2005/537.html

This is because Jeremy Price was not available to respond to Dave Cross' census
questions (mailing list subscriptions, posts/week, attendance at meetings etc).

Considering that we've had 2 very successful meetings in the last 12 months, I'd
hate for Canberra PM to fade out of existence.  However if Jeremy is still
immersed in real world stuff, and since Andrew Pollock has left the city, you
may need *someone else* from Canberra PM to consider taking charge.

The PM leader for any PM group is responsible for three things:
	* moderating the mailing list (i.e. removing spam, and allowing through
	  email sent to the list from wrong addresses)
	* keeping the website up to date
	* responding to census requests (being a point of contact for pm.org)

By far the hardest of these tasks is the website.  If you're not a frequent user
of WebDAV it can be even more frustrating, and then you've got to generate the
content as well!

Fortunately, this is a task we can help you with.  Sydney PM has decided to
relocate it's pm page ( http://sydney.pm.org/ ) to PerlNet (
http://perl.net.au/wiki/Sydney_Perl_Mongers ).  Canberra PM is welcome to do the
same, if you want to. A Canberra Perl Mongers page already exists at:

	http://perl.net.au/wiki/Canberra_Perl_Mongers

Please feel free to add any edits you like, we'd love your assistance with this
collaboration.  You are encouraged to have a look at the Sydney and Melbourne
Perl Monger pages for inspiration.

If you want Canberra Perl Mongers to keep going, it would be great to hear
and/or see your support.  Even if that's just a response to this email giving
your opinion on what should happen to Canberra PM.

All the best,

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |