[Canberra-pm] Canberra PM and PerlNet (was Re: I'm not dead yet)

Jacinta Richardson jarich at perltraining.com.au
Sun Feb 5 20:48:33 PST 2006

Jepri wrote:
> Apologies everyone.  This sort of thing seems to happen every time I
> spend a few weeks off the net.  I didn't see the census go by, but I'll
> go hunt it up and send it in.
>
> If there's anything else I should be doing right now, let me know and
> I'll hop to it.

G'day Jeremy,

It's really good to hear from you again.  While you were away, the PerlNet
portal ( http://perl.net.au/ ) ended its beta phase and has gone live!
PerlNet's goal is to be a meeting place for businesses, user groups, and
individuals from Australia and New Zealand to discuss and learn about Perl.
Individuals can request contributions to projects, businesses can more
effectively hire new employees, and user groups can better communicate with
their members and each other.

In particular, PerlNet has a number of things to offer Perl Monger groups:

	http://perl.net.au/wiki/PerlNet:PerlNet_and_User_Groups

including the option of replacing or supplementing their pm.org site.  For
example, Sydney PM ( http://sydney.pm.org ) now redirect their page to the
PerlNet website ( http://perl.net.au/wiki/Sydney_Perl_Mongers ).  This means
everyone can be involved in writing meeting reports, descriptions of the group
and other fun stuff like that.

We'd love Canberra Perl Mongers to get involved in PerlNet regardless of whether
you wish to use it for hosting or not.  The following Canberra pages already
exist but would benefit from local knowledge.

	http://perl.net.au/wiki/Canberra
		- brief description of Canberra, list of user groups.

	http://perl.net.au/wiki/Canberra_Perl_Mongers
		- brief description of Canberra PM, some notes about last year's
		  meetings

Other ways to get involved are to join the #PerlNet IRC channel (
irc://irc.freenode.net#PerlNet ), help us with the Collaboration of the Week
(its on Perl 6 this week: http://perl.net.au/wiki/Perl_6 ) or to just start
adding content.

It's a wiki, please be bold!

Hope to see you around,

	Jacinta

--
   ("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._          |  Jacinta Richardson         |
    `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)  |  Perl Training Australia    |