[Camelot-pm] Fwd: [pm_groups] Pittsburgh Perl Workshop Oct 11-12, 2008

George Woolley george at metaart.org
Sun Sep 28 09:24:52 PDT 2008

Subject: [pm_groups] Pittsburgh Perl Workshop Oct 11-12, 2008
Date: Saturday 27 September 2008 19:26
From: Robert Blackwell <robert at robertblackwell.com>
To: pm_groups at pm.org

Please forward this to your local Perl Monger group and anywhere you
think might find people that would be interested.

Thanks
Robert Blackwell

The Pittsburgh Perl Workshop is a low-cost technical conference held
at the Carnegie Mellon University's Oakland Campus. The workshop will
be held on October 11–12 2008.

* Classes

This year we are offering three great classes:

Dan Klein is back teaching From Zero to Perl.
http://pghpw.org/ppw2008/zerotoperl.html

Peter Scott - Maintaining Code While Staying Sane
http://pghpw.org/ppw2008/maintainingcode.html

brian d foy - Mastering Perl
http://pghpw.org/ppw2008/masteringperl.html

* Great Talks

The schedule can be found here http://pghpw.org/ppw2008/schedule.

* Hack-a-thons

We are having Pagtrick Michaud lead a Rakudo, (Perl 6) hack-a-thon.

* Bug Labs

Bug Labs, http://buglabs.net will be giving a talk and having a hands
on demo of their hardware.
We will also be giving details about a development grant for someone
wanting to develop something with perl with Bug Labs hardware.

* GPU/CUDA

Have you been hearing about coding with your Graphics Card?  Well if
not you will soon.  We are having a talk about coding with the GPU and
a lab using Nvida's Cuda technology.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home.html

* Community

Come see old perl friends and make some new ones.  We will have plenty
of social activities at night.

Request pm.org Technical Support via support at pm.org

pm_groups mailing list
pm_groups at pm.org