[Buffalo-pm] Fw: [tpm] Freshwater Perl 2011 (was: Perl Workshop)

Daniel Magnuszewski dmagnuszewski at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 09:45:12 PDT 2010

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Olaf Alders <olaf at vilerichard.com>
To: Toronto PerlMongers <tpm at to.pm.org>
Sent: Fri, October 29, 2010 3:26:28 PM
Subject: [tpm] Freshwater Perl 2011 (was: Perl Workshop)

For those of you where were unable to attend last night, we felt we had quorum
to make some decisions in order to get things moving for next year's workshop.
Our working title is "Freshwater Perl" (Freshwater::Perl?) and we're looking to
target a date in early April (avoiding religious holidays).  I'm going to set up
a Github organization and send out details to the list probably very late
tonight.  In the meantime, if you'd like to help out but do not have a Github
account, you can so at any point and email me your Github username.

Accounts are free for open source projects:

https://github.com/

And, of course, you'll want to set up your "Globally Recognized Avatar" while
you're at it.  :)

http://en.gravatar.com/

I'll post more info on Freshwater Perl later as well as some setup info for the
CPAN API as was discussed last night as well.  Phillip has already posted the
minutes, so that's a very good start.  I'd suggest checking those out to get an
idea of where we're at with the API project.

Olaf
--
Olaf Alders
olaf at vilerichard.com