[Buffalo-pm] blogs.perl.org

Dan Magnuszewski magnachef at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 20:23:22 PDT 2010

The Perl Foundation has tried to get use.perl.org updated, but the people in
charge didn't have the time or will to actually make it happen. David Cross
and a bunch of other volunteers decided to take action and setup another
blogging site that had a look and feel that was newer than 1998. The
marketing people at TPF are trying to get all of these website owners to at
least give facelifts to their pages. It's bad PR when you're trying to sell
all your great web frameworks on a page that looks like, www.cpan.org (for
example). I know Randal Schwartz has decided to do his Perl blogging on
blogs.perl.org. Either way, I prefer a central Perl blogging location and
hopefully people will fully commit to one or the other.

-Dan