[Buffalo-pm] Catalyst/mod_perl configuration

Daniel Magnuszewski dmagnuszewski at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 08:32:05 PDT 2010

I'm trying to tune mod_perl for my Catalyst application (a REST API). I'm using the configuration recommended by the Catalyst documentation, but it seems like there a lot of wait time, indicating that Catalyst may be starting up each time.

PerlSwitches -I/usr/local/apache/htdocs/rest/lib
PerlModule RestAPI

<VirtualHost *>
        <Location /rest>
            SetHandler          modperl
             PerlResponseHandler RestAPI
         </Location>
</VirtualHost>

I've also tested to check if the $ENV{MODPERL} is defined, and it is, which would lead me to believe that mod_perl is up and running, but it still seems like my Catalyst app is being restarted for each request.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

-Dan