[Buffalo-pm] help

Jim Brandt cbrandt at buffalo.edu
Mon Oct 22 08:39:37 PDT 2007

One of the issues Mike was having was the simple problem of getting Perl
actually installed on the lab computers. Since this is somewhat
important for teaching Perl, maybe we could help by finding details on
running Perl from a CD or a thumb drive?

I found this:

http://www.perlmonks.org/?node=Portable%20perl%3A%20usb%20thumbdrive

Maybe someone with a windows box could confirm if it works? Or find some
other solutions? Basically, is there a way to provide perl without
having admin access on the machines?

According to this:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePerl-5.6/install.html#installing%20activeperl%20on%20windows%20(x86)

you can install without admin rights, but there are some limitations.