[Buffalo-pm] Parrot...hmm..What about Perl6

phil phil at turboschedule.com
Mon Nov 12 06:52:42 PST 2007

Hi Richard,

 I'd like Perl6 to be available as soon as possible.

The 'cleaner' syntax, curried functions and prototyping of Perl6 are of
interest to me.

 Some of the 'esoteric' featues like macros that can modify
the AST  or changing the Perl6 grammar (like Acme::Dot or overload)  are also
interesting. Not sure how useful they would be though (cf, Damian's paper on
OO in Perl)

 I'd like better performance than Perl5 and I guess this is where Parrot's
optimized JIT comes in. My cursory look at the performance of the
various Perl(s) (cf, http://www.sidhe.org/~timeparrot/graphs/A/) indicates
that the Parrot optimized JIT is promising.

-Phil