[Buffalo-pm] XML w/perl

joshj at linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Sat Jan 6 07:35:36 PST 2007

Hi all,

I have a XML file I'm trying to read with perl. I'm using XML::Simple,
which is great. But I'm running into a problem. I'm trying to get a
value like this:

$xml_hash->{Object}->{Link}->[11]->{Object}->{Attribute}->[3]->{content}

The problem is that on one go around the field I"m looking for may be
the 3rd element and the next time it might be the 2nd or 4th. All
depends on how the xml was generated (which I have no control over). I
think that my understanding of XML is all wrong. Can anyone point me to
an article on this or should I be looking into the more complex
XML::Parse?

Thanks!

-Josh