[Buffalo-pm] Reminder :: December Meeting :: Catalyst Hackathon :: TODAY!

Ben. B. bennymack at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 08:20:00 PST 2007

Sorry for the absence. The SVN server is up and running (for now) at:

svn://bennymack.com

You can check out what we did with this command:
svn co svn://bennymack.com/Hackathon

Overall I feel the hackathon was a success. I was hoping to
demonstrate how the requirements of an application can easily be
mapped into code when using Catalyst/DBIx::Class but most of the time
was spent getting the application laid out. If we were to have another
then it would definitely be more of a white board session now that the
boilerplate is in place.

The application we started is basically a "yes or no" style voting
site. So some questions that arose with regards to functionality were:
1.) Should only the site administrator be able to enter the questions?
2.) If users can sign up and enter their own questions, how will they
be organized?

Basically we'd just need to answer some design type questions like
these and then diagram the tables before creating and deploying them
with DBIx::Class.