[Buffalo-pm] December Meeting :: Catalyst Hackathon :: Thursday December 13th

Dan Magnuszewski magnachef at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 12:58:59 PST 2007

Mongers,

For our December meeting, we will be holding a Catalyst Hackathon, where we
will build a fully working web application, with authentication, DB backend,
etc, from the ground up. There has been a lot of buzz recently about web
application frameworks such as Ruby on Rails (for Ruby) and Django (for
Python), and some of you may be wondering if there is anything equivalent in
Perl. There are a couple frameworks available, and we will use Catalyst (
http://catalyst.perl.org) as our example.

For those of you unfamiliar with hackathons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon

More details will follow...

-Dan