[Buffalo-pm] new member!

James Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Mon Jul 31 19:20:47 PDT 2006

On Jul 31, 2006, at 8:17 AM, Jim Brandt wrote:

> Welcome, Austin!
>
> I think there was once a Rochester perl mongers group started by some
> students at RIT, but it has since gone quiet.
>
> Looks like the last active meetings were around 2001:

Rochester is my city of birth and I come through there several times
a year ... sometimes en route to Buffalo or Toronto!.    In May 2005
I posted on the Rochester.pm list to see about meeting up with some
people for some brew on my way to YAPC::Toronto the following month.
For all practical purposes, I got no response, and I think I was the
last person to post on that list.

There were, however, a couple of people from Rochester who had
attended YAPC::Buffalo the previous year.  And I've met someone from
Cornell a couple of times at YAPC.

Austin:  When I'm next headed toward Rochester, I'll email you in
advance.

Jim Keenan
Brooklyn NY