[Buffalo-pm] new member!

Kevin Eye eye at buffalo.edu
Thu Jul 27 09:14:48 PDT 2006

> Feel free to offer up any
> topics that you'd like to see/give a talk on at an upcoming meeting.

BTW, I had an idea for a talk.

Back in 2000, Damian Conway closed out YAPC::NA::19100 (an homage to the Y2K
bug) with a mind blowing talk and module about "quantum superpositions." The
module (Quantum::Superpositions -- it's on CPAN) simulates what quantum
computing will be like, allowing massively parallel computations with single
operations. The module isn't all that useful for everyday things, but it
illustrates some fascinating concepts and completely different ways to look
at things.

Anyways, I think I could do an hour or so on an intro to quantum mechanics,
qubits, quantum supercomputing, and the Quantum::Superpositions module.
Maybe next month, or some other time.

 - Kevin

--
Kevin Eye