[Buffalo-pm] new member!

Austin Frank austin.frank at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 08:03:30 PDT 2006

Hello all!

My name is Austin Frank.  I'm a grad student in the department of
Brain and Cognitive Sciences at the University of Rochester.  My
specific field is psycholinguistics, and I do research on how people
produce spoken and written language.

I use perl for text mining, corpus analysis, some web stuff,
prototyping computational models for my research, and for automating
day-to-day tasks.  I use SVK for version control and am talking to the
Jifty folks about getting started on a web app related to a research
project I've got going.  I can be found on #perl6 from time to time,
and have contributed a couple of grammars and some housecleaning-type
fixes to Pugs.

I live in Rochester, but am looking forward to attending future
meetings in Buffalo.  If there are any other Rochester folks on the
list, feel free to contact me about carpooling to meetings.

See you in August!
/au