[Buffalo-pm] Problem With Perl After OS X System Restore

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Wed Feb 15 06:10:29 PST 2006

That was the problem - I had to reinstall the developer tools. All is
well again!

Thanks.

>>> "Kevin Eye" <eye at buffalo.edu> 02/14/06 11:31 AM >>>
Did you re-install the OSX developer tools? I think they're a separate
install and may need to be reinstalled after the restore. They're not
required to use perl on OSX, but they include make and gcc and probably
the
perl include files (like perl.h) you need to compile modules.

Your locate database looks like it hasn't been updated since the
restore. It
only gets regenerated in the middle of the night if your machine
happens to
be on. You could use "find / -name perl.h" but that would be painfully
slow.

 - Kevin