[Buffalo-pm] Problem With Perl After OS X System Restore

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Tue Feb 14 08:19:58 PST 2006

Mongers,

This may be more of a Mac/OS X question than a Perl question...oh well
;-)

Recently, my Mac decided that it wasn't going to boot up, and wasn't
getting past the grey apple/spinning gear screen. I called Apple support
and after a series of random attempts to get it to boot, they advised me
to do a restore of the OS with the install CD. I was running version
10.3.9, and my install CD was version 10.3.7. So I did a system restore,
then upgraded to 10.3.8, then to 10.3.9 and installed the updates. All
my data and applications were available and running no problem. Last
night I tried installing some Perl modules, and I got an error saying
that it could not find the file "perl.h" within the $PERL_LIB/../CORE/
directory. The file didn't exist in the directory, but when I did a
locate for perl.h it said that it was in the /System Restore
1/$PERL_LIB/../CORE directory. The file was not in this directory
either. In addition to this, the system could not find any of my make
programs.

Has anyone ever run into this problem before? Thanks!

-Dan