[Buffalo-pm] apache::storage

joshj@linuxmail.org joshj at linuxmail.org
Wed Feb 8 09:43:59 PST 2006

Got one thing to work... kind of...

> this? Could that $main::page_1="the content" trick work? Or
> better yet, could I make that a hashref: $main::pages->{page_1} = "the
> content"? Would A hashref be faster? My understanding of them is that
> they access the memory location like pointers in C do. Is that right?

I did a "use vars qw($pages);" at the top of the handler module. And now
I can use it as a hashref; if there is no page in $pages then it is
stored as $pages->{pagename}. If there *is* a page then I can access the
content as $pages->{pagename}. However, mod_perl seems to loose it
after about 60 seconds and has to retreive from the file again. Is there
a way I can make it stick around longer? Apache2::Reload is turned off.
Or is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do? (I... I am
getting the feeling that there is more than one way to do this)

-Josh