[Buffalo-pm] Perl Curses On OSX

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Fri Feb 3 08:20:59 PST 2006

Mongers,

Has anyone ever tried installing Curses (
http://search.cpan.org/~giraffed/Curses-1.13/gen/make.Curses.pm ) on OS
X (I'm running version 10.3.9). I found a website (
http://freebsdgirl.com/?page_id=589 ) where someone else had this
problem, and they provided a fix. I followed along with the fix
described on the website. Everything seemed to compile and install
correctly after that, but when I tried to run the program, I got some
errors and my terminal was messed up (anything I typed wasn't being
echoed to the screen, etc). Note, this is not one of my programs - it's
a program that is known to work ;-) I just want to validate that the
Curses fix I applied actually worked and that the install is good. This
way I can eliminate that as the cause of the problem. Also, there didn't
seem to be any tests that could be run for it during the
compilation/installation.

Has anyone else run into a similar problem with installing Curses on
OSX?

Thanks.

-Dan