[Buffalo-pm] August Meeting - Next Tuesday - August 15th...

Kevin Eye eye at buffalo.edu
Tue Aug 15 13:55:17 PDT 2006

So, meeting TODAY!
Tuesday, 8/15, 7:00 PM, Bell 242, UB North Campus

I'm talking about a CPAN module called Quantum::Superpositions, a module
derived from quantum computing concepts. The features of
Quantum::Superpositions will be included as a fundamental part of perl 6 as
"junctions" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl_6#Junctions).

Superpositions/junctions are a different and very efficient way to think
about highly parallelizable things we do all the time, like:
 - perform the same operation on a list of items
 - compare lists of items to each other
 - search through lists of items
 - set intersection and membership
 - multithreading

It should be fun, too.

 - Kevin

On 8/11/06 10:58 AM, "DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI" <dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com>
wrote:

> All,
>
> It's about that time again...
>
> We will be having our August meeting on Tuesday, August 15th, in Bell
> 242, on UB's North Campus.
>
> Kevin,
>
> Are you still ok with doing the talk on "Quantum Superpositions"?
>

> We will also need an intro/general Perl topic - any suggestions?! How
> about one-liners?
>
> See you on Tuesday,
>
> -Dan

Kevin Eye