[Buffalo-pm] April Meeting Topic - Perl Jam!

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Mon Apr 17 14:07:32 PDT 2006

April Meeting Agenda

Time: 8 PM
Place: 242 Bell Hall, UB North Campus

Topic #1: Perl Jam - Music in the key of Perl  (60 Minutes)

Part 1 of an "n" part series...

This talk will discuss my personal adventures of trying to create
(decent sounding) music with Perl. A good portion of computer generated
(or algorithmic) music, tends to sound like R2-D2 during a screaming
match - which can be cool, but not all the time. My goal was to try and
create random, dynamic, and improvisational music, controlled by a
computer program. What genre encompasses these qualities? Jazz, of
course. I figured that I could encode the fundamentals of playing Jazz
music in Perl. How well are things working out for me so far? That's
what I'll discuss during my presentation and live concert.

Topic #2: Introductory Topic

Currently, there are no introductory topics suggested. Jim can give his
presentation on "Sorting in Perl" if there are no other suggestions. If
there's something you'd like to see presented, then let us know.

See you tomorrow!

-Dan