[Buffalo-pm] Using a C API with Perl...

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Thu Apr 6 12:38:06 PDT 2006

Cool, I'll check it out - I forgot about inline. Would Inline be the way
to go if I wanted to write a Perl wrapper for the API, aka, writing a
Perl API?

The API that I need to use is the CoreMIDI framework within the
CoreAudio SDK
(http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MusicAudio/Reference/CACoreMIDIRef/index.html).
The CoreMIDI framework vends C API for both discovering MIDI devices and
sending MIDI data to those devices using the API.

There is currently a module out there called Mac::CoreMIDI
(http://search.cpan.org/~crenz/Mac-CoreMIDI-0.04/lib/Mac/CoreMIDI.pm)
that is a XS Interface for the Mac OS X CoreMIDI API, but it does not
deal with sending out MIDI data to a destination - which is what I need
it to do!

-Dan

>>> "Jim Brandt" <cbrandt at buffalo.edu> 04/06/06 3:09 PM >>>
Does this help?

http://search.cpan.org/~ingy/Inline-0.44/

If you want to run other code from Perl programs, Inline is the way to
go.

APIs to what?