[Buffalo-pm] Job opportunity at UB

Jim Brandt cbrandt at buffalo.edu
Tue May 31 09:35:48 PDT 2005

OK, for a while at least, no one can complain that there are no good
jobs around here. :)

My department at UB (Administrative Computing Services) currently has
an opening for a full time programmer. Some details here:

http://jobs.perl.org/job/2639

I've read some postings recently about how employers should better
promote their jobs, so I'll try to add some key points here:

1) We have a very good work environment. It is cubes, but it's fairly
quiet and the office is spread out.

2) You can work for a good cause. If you went to UB, maybe you want
to give something back. Many of the things we work on directly impact
students, so you can help the next generation of computer users.

3) The benefits are fantastic. You would be hard-pressed to find a
better package of sick/vacation/insurance coverage in this area or
anywhere in the US.

4) And I save the best for last: you get to work with Perl! That's
right, we use Perl as our every day enterprise programming language.

Jim