[Buffalo-pm] Buffalo PM Summer Schedule

Jim Brandt cbrandt at buffalo.edu
Tue Jun 7 13:03:34 PDT 2005

I know, I've been slacking, but here is a proposed schedule at last...

Wednesday, June 15

Wednesday, July 13

Wednesday, August 10

Based on some feedback, I've moved the meetings to Wednesday. Most
people didn't care about the day, but a few didn't like Thursdays, so
there you are.

No one had a problem with the location, so can we still get the room,
Dan?

Now we need topics!

Some questions to help find topics:

1) Is there anything someone would like to see covered?

2) Could we do a beginner topic each session? Spend maybe 30 minutes
on it. Info for beginners and others can chime in on other ways to do
it, etc. Also, we can rotate who covers the info.

3) Ideas for summer sessions:

* PerlMonks overview;
* More on GUI programming with Perl;
* Conference summaries for YAPC and OSCON;
* Perl 6;
* Cool modules;
* Good coding practices with Perl;
* How to write a Perl module;
* Installing Perl on Unixy systems and on Windows;
* Installing Perl modules;
* Testing;

So if you have any thoughts, please reply with:

* Comments on the proposed days;

* Offers to present at a session (and which one);

* Another comments;

For your reading pleasure:

http://theperlreview.com/

Final note: Some folks had problems with the digest option on the
list. I checked the settings and all looked OK, but that doesn't
explain the problem. This list is *very* low traffic, so I would
suggest just converting to normal mode.

Thanks,
Jim