[Buffalo-pm] PerlMongers::NHL

DANIEL MAGNUSZEWSKI dmagnuszewski at mandtbank.com
Mon Dec 12 07:30:12 PST 2005

Although, I like the Home/Away concept, I think we need to give this an
initial test run to gauge it's success.

>From what I've heard, it is impossible to get tickets to a Toronto game
in Toronto. Because of this, it's also _very_ hard to get Toronto
tickets in Buffalo.

-Dan

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 01:14:15PM -0500, Richard Dice wrote:

> > Last night I was thinking about how great it is to have Hockey
back. As
> > a die hard Buffalo Sabres fan, I am familiar with our division
rivalry
> > with the Toronto Maple Leafs. I thought that this would be a good
excuse
> > to bring the Buffalo and Toronto groups together for some Perl,
hockey,
> > and beer (of course). Perhaps we can even talk some Perl during
the
> > pre-game.
>
> Neat idea.  Wouldn't this require some neutral, middle ground?  (e.g.
St.
> Catherine's, Hamilton.)

Either that or choose two games, one each in Toronto and Buffalo
and each group gets a home and an away visit.  (I don't know
how easy it is to get tickets though.  It always used to
be impossible in Toronto, but the last time I checked was
years ago.)