[Buffalo-pm] OT (But Not Entirely) - Buffalo Professional Linux Users Group Meeting - Databases

Daniel Magnuszewski dmagnuszewski at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 11:34:45 PDT 2005

Buffalo Professional Linux Users Group Meeting

Date: Thursday, April 28th 6:00pm-9:00pm

Location:

The PCA Group

Airport Commerce Park

455 Cayuga Road, Suite 200

Topic:

Linux and Opensource Databases: Choosing the right database to use in a

Linux/Opensource environment.

Agenda:

6:00pm-6:45pm Overview of Database Options

Core Database Elements:

Speed

Scalability/Mirroring

Transactions

Stored Procedures

Extendability

Databases:

Mysql

Oracle

Postgres

Firebird - Ron Browning

IBM Cloudscape - Ron Browning

7:00pm-7:45pm

Case Studies/Presentations:

Dennis Ruzeski, Kanoodle.com - Mysql & Oracle

Jeremy Garcia, LinuxQuestions.org - Mysql

ChoiceOne Online - Mysql

8:00pm-8:45pm

Case Studies/Presentations:

Dustin Reiner, Cymfony - Oracle

Brad Bartram, Dyrect Media Group LTD. - Postgres

Food and refreshments will be provided. Because of the large response at the

last meeting, an RSVP is appreciated to ensure enough seating and food.

please send an email to rsvp at bplug.org

The Buffalo Professional Linux Users Group is focused on the use of Linux

and Open Source in professional business environments. We have organized

presentations and seminars, and bring up topics that are of interest to

people that use or would like to use Linux as part of a corporate solution

set. We disseminate practical information and proven solutions from IT

professionals who have successfully tackled a wide range of enterprise Linux

deployment challenges. It's a rare opportunity to benefit from the

experience and insight of peers from companies that are both local and

national.

http://mail.yahoo.com