[Buffalo-pm] Next Meeting--Thursday, April 21

Jim Brandt cbrandt at buffalo.edu
Fri Apr 15 09:30:45 PDT 2005

Our next meeting will be next Thursday, April 21.

7 - 9 PM
242 Bell Hall
UB North Campus

Before I give details on the meeting, a question for our list-readers:
Why don't you come to PM meetings? We have quite a few people on the
list, but only a few regulars at meetings. Is it:

- Thursdays are bad for me;
- Irregular schedule (that's my fault, but it will be remedied);
- Bad location/don't want to drive to UB;
- Topics aren't relevant to me;
- We want food/beer served;

Many of these things can be addressed in different ways, but I can only
respond if I'm aware of the issues. Feel free to respond to the list or
to me personally.

Agenda:

* Talk about the items above and consider getting a regular
monthly/bi-monthly meeting schedule set again;

* Talk about plans for meetings over the summer;

* YAPC in Toronto--quick discussion;

* Main presentation:

I've had a request for a demo/presentation on Perl/Tk and I agree that
this is a cool topic. This module is one way to generate a GUI with
Perl.

Any volunteers?

The other Perl GUI module is wxPerl, as discussed here:

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/09/12/wxtutorial1.html

Volunteers for either would be cool.

Thanks,
Jim