[Buffalo-pm] Learning Perl

Kevin Eye eye at buffalo.edu
Fri Sep 3 08:05:13 CDT 2004

> For those of you who have any relationship with UB, we now have access
> to O'Reilly's Safari service for books (actually, this has been
> working all summer, but they just announced it). I think they granted
> access by IP, so this might only work on a campus network, but try
> these:
>
> http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com/?uicode=buffalo
> http://safari.oreilly.com

FYI - off-campus IPs are automatically directed through a proxy that
lets you log in with your UB card barcode number and initials. You have
to go in through the libraries site, though, I bet:
http://ublib.buffalo.edu/libraries/cgi-test/title.cgi?letter=S

The books really are great. It even includes a full-catalog, full-text
search.

  - Kevin